Cinematography

In one of my older posts titled A Hobby that Captures Great Moments  I talk about my love for taking photos. In addition I explain the path I took to get where I am now. With my years of practice my “eye” has matured in the way I take pictures as well as how I edit them.

New Addition

Above is a picture of the type of camera I have now. Which is a Canon Rebel SL1. Its small and perfect for the type of photos I take. In addition to the amazing pixels of the pictures, this type of camera has a video portion to it.

With this new addition, I have been practicing a lot now with my cinematography skills. On top of that I will get to work on my video editing.

Quick Tips & Skills

1. Excellent sense of pace and timing. The videos should be simple, but be so interesting the audience cannot take there eyes off the screen. If you bombard the screen with too many ideas is will ruin the main idea of the video.
  2.  Ability to visualize the written word and express it in pictures and sound.
  3.  Ability to work well with others in a collaborative environment. If you take this farther then a hobby you need to make sure you can be open to other peoples visions.while being able to calmly and rationally explain your creative decisions and while being able to handle criticism.
  4. Patience. You will be spending a lot of time at the computer to make the final build up flawless.  Anything else you can bring to a project as far as your skill set goes is a plus, but not necessary if you have at least these three basics.
  5. If you’re not having fun with all of this. THEN I DO NOT ADVISE TO KEEP DOING IT!